Chef Leah Ferrazzani, the owner of Semolina Artisanal Pasta created this recipe herself. It is rich and earthy and a gooey-delicious complement to the malty qualities of the ReGrained Strozzapreti
Upcycled Strozzapreti Pasta with Taleggio, Porcini, Walnuts and Crispy Speck Recipe
2 slices speck (or prosciutto, or exclude for vegetarian)
2 small shallots, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
.8 oz dried Porcini, rehydrated
4-6 oz of Taleggio, rind removed and cubed
½ cup walnuts toasted and chopped
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
½ cup dry white wine (or water)
Zest of a lemon
Extra virgin olive oil
1 lb Upcycled Strozzapreti with Regrained SuperGrain+
1. Heat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Place a cooling rack on a sheet pan and bake speck until crispy, about 30-40 minutes. Let cool and crumble. Set aside for a garnish.
3. Toast your walnuts in a dry pan, chop coarsely and set aside.
4. Rehydrate dried porcini by steeping them in enough boiling water to cover by an inch for about 20 minutes. Pat dry. Chop and set aside.
5. In a large sauté, sweat down the minced shallot and garlic with a pinch of salt. Add the chopped porcini and the white wine or water to deglaze the pan. Cook altogether for 2 minutes on low, until the mushrooms are saucy and slightly reduced. Do not boil. Set aside.
6. Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil for the pasta.
7. Cook your pasta until just shy of al dente, about 8-9 minutes.
8. Add the pasta to the sauté pan with the porcini mixture and a ladleful of pasta water. Bring it all together over medium heat. When the pasta water starts to boil remove from the heat and add the cubes of Taleggio and stir until melted. Add the walnuts, lemon zest and thyme leaves.
9. Serve immediately topped with crumbled crispy speck.
We are eager to see what you make!