Attention: People who love pasta AND the planet!!
We're so stoked to bring you this flavorful, healthy and zero waste pasta recipe.
This delightful upcycled food recipe is made up of premium sustainable ingredients including our pasta collaboration, Fishwife's smoked rainbow trout, and incredible fresh veggies, extra virgin olive oil, and sea salt. The creamy ricotta mixed with tangy lemon zest brings the perfect balance to this healthy and easy weeknight dish.
Glug of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pinch Sea Salt
Lemon Juice + Zest
1) Heat a large pot of heavily salted water. The Italians say your pasta water should taste like the ocean. You will use this to cook the pasta, and blanche the veggies.
2) Cook the veggies. We like to blanch them in the pasta liquid. To blanch, add the veggies to the boiling water, starting with asparagus. Blanch asparagus for 3-4 minutes, and peas for 1-2 minutes. After blanching, plunge veggies in ice bath for 1 minute, remove and add to large bowl.
3) Cook the pasta to al dente. Since cook time depends on flour protein, and that varies from batch to batch, we recommend starting to check it at five minutes. It’s ready when it’s cooked through, but still has a firm chew. Remove pasta with strainer utensil, add to large bowl with veggies.
4) Top with smoked trout, lemon juice and zest, ricotta, extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with torn basil leaves.
5) Mix it all up, and enjoy!